Module 5 : Workflow Management
One of the most important tasks of a world class team is to ensure that the right products are available at the right time, at the right place, in the right quantities. Workflow management revolves around improving organisational responsiveness and speed by managing capacity constraints and reducing work-in-process.
The ability to meet customer needs in the shortest time possible should be one of the main goals of your organisation. When the response time is longer than the customerâ€™s expectation, dissatisfaction will be the result. We must therefore ensure that our responsiveness is well within the customerâ€™s expectation and continuously improving.
Getting on top of the just-in-time challenge
Traditionally companies have made use of large quantities of inventory to enable them to meet the just-in-time (JIT) challenge. These companies drive the efficiencies of individual machines and not the flow of work through the organisation.
One of the key focus areas of Competitive Dynamics Internationalâ€™s Mission-Directed Work TeamsÂ® programme is to help you create a lean workflow to improve the value you are able to give to clients.
Competitive Dynamics International can help you improve workflow, on-time delivery and responsiveness by effective management of work-in-process capacity constraints and scheduling. Our tools and techniques will assist you and your team to:
- Understand the importance of continuous workflow, work-in-process reduction, pull production and cycle time reduction;
- Identify and eliminate the waste of overproduction;
- Increase throughput by visually controlling and systematically reducing work-in-process;
- Implement simple workflow triggering systems;
- Identify and manage capacity constraints (e.g. bottle necks) to improve throughput;
- Implement visual production scheduling.
Contact CDI to find out more about Mission-Directed Work Teams.